Leaders of successful organizations understand what differentiates them in the eyes of their customers. They target and build distinctive capabilities that customers want such as agility, innovation, customer centricity and adopting external trends into the way they work. They design from the “Outside-In” to align all aspects of the organization in delivering distinctive capabilities to customers and key stakeholders.
Design is not an end, but a means to optimize distinctive capabilities.
Connecting organization design to business or functional strategy and capability can be difficult. Companies often struggle with a common set of issues and concerns, including:
- What is our enterprise model - how many businesses do we have and what is the role of the enterprise versus the business?
- How do we clarify our business model to focus and accelerate growth?
- In aligning to strategy, where do we design to optimize distinctive capabilities and where do we design for greater efficiencies?
- How can we optimize structure to increase collaboration and Integration across function/geography/product, centralized/decentralized, global/local, etc.
- How do we restructure and reduce costs in a strategic way?
- How do we streamline the organization and get better alignment with support work?
Optimize the capabilities that drive advantage for your business.
At RBL, our goal is to design organizations that deliver targeted, distinctive technical and cultural capabilities that meet customer expectations, keep promises, and instill confidence. Using our outside-in, systems-based approach that is central to our philosophy, we help you clarify the critical customer demands and external opportunities that shape your strategy and the way your people deliver it and interact with stakeholders. Then we guide you in designing an organization that allows you to most effectively put those capabilities to work for you.
A key part of this work is identifying your target technical and cultural capabilities and then building them to become reputational. We help you put structure around the work that matters most, including defining key roles and accountabilities. And we align support functions to help enable this work, clarify which way requirements should flow: from the wealth creating capability work out to the support functions.
Achieve your ideal future.
In each initiative, we encourage you to design for your ideal future and challenge you not to limit decisions based on current capability, current roles, or current structure. When you design for what you aspire to achieve, you have the framework in place to realize your highest possible performance. This helps all departments and people maintain focus and work collaboratively toward helping the business distinguish itself and achieve its most important goals.